Selsdon & District offer eco-friendly funeral options for the environmentally conscious.
This includes the option for woodland burial, a 100% natural coffin and a charitable donation to ensure you’re leaving a lighter footprint on the environment.
A woodland is a tranquil and peaceful place to be buried, where it’s possible to arrange the planting of a natural memorial, as an alternative to grave markers which aren’t allowed.
We work with three beautiful Woodland burial grounds reasonably near the Selsdon, Sanderstead, New Addington and Croydon area; Kemnal Park, Eden Valley and Clandon Wood. Our funeral directors can arrange burial and visits to these grounds and provide assistance with other sites if needed.
See below our full list of what an eco-friendly funeral includes:
- The services of a funeral director, the necessary administration and a full complement of staff/undertakers
- The removal of the deceased from the place of death to our Chapel of Rest
- Care of the deceased
- Full viewing facilities at the Chapel of Rest (if embalming is permitted by the relevant woodland cemetery)
- A solid pine coffin with fittings, three pairs of wooden handles, inscribed nameplate and taffeta interior (or another eco-friendly coffin of your choice)
- A hearse and one limousine (seating up to six people)
- An in-memoriam donation to the Woodland Trust
Get in touch
If you have any enquiries about our eco-friendly funeral service, please get in touch where our dedicated team will be able to tell you more.