Direct cremation is a low-cost alternative to a traditional funeral. The service provides a cremation without a ceremony or attendees. We will take care of all arrangements of the process and ensure it’s carried out in our respectful and dignified manner.
It’s a helpful option for families who are too far away from the deceased, where it may not be possible to attend a ceremony or make the required arrangements.
Selsdon & District can collect the deceased from a hospital, hospice or public mortuary anywhere in the UK and deal with all the necessary arrangements for a respectful cremation.
Our team take out the stress of arranging a funeral service and keep the process as straightforward as possible during this difficult time.
Once the cremation has taken place, the cremated remains will be couriered back to you within 14 days.
See below what our direct cremation package includes:
A Professional Service
- 24/7 telephone access
- Facilitation of all the necessary arrangements
- Removal of deceased into our mortuary from a hospice, hospital or public mortuary during normal working hours
- Mortuary accommodation for the deceased until the funeral
- Provision of a basic coffin suitable for cremation
- Specialist funeral vehicle to transport the deceased to the crematorium
- Coffin bearers to take the coffin into the crematorium
- An unattended cremation, at a time and date of our choosing
- The return of the cremated remains or scattering in the Gardens of Remembrance
- Bereavement telephone counselling service
Our low cost Direct Cremation Service starts from £1650 (inclusive of all Cremation and Doctors fees where applicable).
We carry out direct cremation at a time suitable to us, using a closed hearse to attend the crematorium and all the necessary staff.
Get in touch
If you’d like to find out more about our direct cremation service or have any enquiries, please contact our team for help and guidance.