At Selsdon & District, we recognise that amid this pandemic, we all have fears and concerns for the safety of our families and loved ones. Unfortunately, death and grief do not pause during a crisis. For over 19 years, Selsdon & District has been taking care of members of this community and we stand ready to help you now. We will remain open and our experienced, caring staff will continue assisting families during this critical time.
We are taking precautions to create a safe environment for you to honour those you have lost. In accordance with Government and WHO guidelines, the following best practices have been instituted:
- Hand soap and sanitiser will be available for all visitors to the funeral home to use.
- Our staff will practice extreme care in disinfecting all public areas and maintaining proper sanitation of our chapels, equipment and facilities.
- All staff will be screened before the start of their shift for elevated temperature.
- Optional avenues for arranging services will be available, including via telephone or video conferencing.
- Funerals, visitation and other gatherings held in our Chapels will have the number of attendees limited in accordance to current Government guidelines.
- Recommended social distancing practices will be encouraged for all visitors to our premises.
- Livestreaming of funeral services will be available to families at the crematoriums where available. There maybe an additional for this service.
We are available 24/7 to answer any questions and concerns you may have and will continue to monitor Government, NHS and WHO. Guidance is also considered from the National Association of Funeral Directors Association.
Most of all, remember that during times of uncertainty it is important to rely upon one another and to come together as a community. Selsdon & District is honored to be a part of the Selsdon and South Croydon community and we will do all we can to be here for you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gary and Michael