Selsdon & District have signed the Fair Funeral Pledge showing we recognise that many people struggle with the cost of funerals and we offer help to find funerals within your means.
We are transparent with our prices and will provide detailed breakdowns of funeral costs before you book the service.
Our team are committed to bringing a quality and respectful funeral service regardless of the budget.
Our standard funeral service starts from £2,635
Standard Funeral Cost Breakdown
Click the headings of each price group to see what they include.
- Taking all instructions and making the necessary arrangements for the funeral service
- Obtaining and preparing the necessary statutory documents
- Liaising with cemetery/crematorium authorities
- Liaising with hospitals, doctors, HM Coroner, clergy and other third parties
- Providing advice on all aspects of the funeral arrangements
- Provision of private mortuary facilities prior to the funeral service
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral
- Provision of a standard white gown or dressing in clothes provided
- Bereavement and aftercare assistance
- Closed hearse/private ambulance from place of death to our chapels (within a 10 mile radius of our premises)
- Provision of a hearse and chauffeur on the day of the funeral*
- The provision of all necessary staff/undertakers on the day of the funeral, including Funeral Conductor and four bearers
- Provision of a limousine seating six people and chauffeur on the day of the funeral
* If a horse-drawn hearse is selected, the cost of the motor hearse (£565) will be removed from the above fee.
- Required if viewing in our private Chapels of Rest
Total Cost for Standard Funeral Service – £2,635 (£2,730 including embalming)
(The cost of coffin is additional)
Additional Arrangements and Costs
These services and fees are in addition to the Standard Funeral Service fees.
- Horse hearse – black or white with two horses – £1,700
- Horse hearse – black or white with four horses – £2,350
- Use of our private chapel for Service – £150
- Hearse and staff/undertakers for church/memorial service only, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – £699
- Hearse and staff/undertakers for church/memorial service only, Monday to Friday 5pm to 10pm – £799
- Hearse and staff/undertakers for church/memorial service only, Saturday – £875
- Hearse and staff/undertakers for church/memorial service only, Sunday – £950
- Out of hours removal, Monday to Friday between 5pm and 10pm – £195
- Out of hours removal, Monday to Friday between 10pm and 8am and all day Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday – £395
- Excess mileage over 10 miles radius from our premises, per mile – £2
- Hearse and staff/undertakers to take coffin home or into a church, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm – £195
- Hearse and staff/undertakers to take coffin home or into a church Monday to Friday after 5pm or Saturday – £350
- Hearse and staff/undertakers to take coffin home or into a church Sunday or Bank Holiday – £630
- Saturday Funeral – £450
- Sunday or Bank Holiday Funeral – £550
- Additional limousines 1-3 (per limousine) – £215
- Additional limousines 4-6 (per limousine) – £230
- Funerals in excess of three hours – hourly charge, per vehicle – £70
- Additional Floral hearse – £375
- Additional bearers – required for Health & Safety reasons (per bearer, up to three hours) – £60
- Collection of cremated remains from local crematorium (deductible from price of any urn purchased) – £25
- Storage of cremated remains, per month – £25
- Order of Service – 50 copies, from – £135
- Use of mortuary facilities for washing – £100
- Mortuary storage facilities – additional days, per day – £50
- Dove to be released after funeral – first dove – £125
- Doves to be released after funeral – additional doves, per dove – £30
- Memorial book – recording of attending mourners etc – £30
- Grave marker – 36” solid oak cross with inscribed nameplate** – £80
- Remove & Replace a Headstone – £375
- Remove & Replace a Full Memorial Mason – £485
**The cost of the grave marker will be removed from the cost of any memorial purchased after the funeral.
If you want to add personal touches which are not included in the list above, please get in touch so we can discuss options, arrangements and costs.